Our Coronavirus Statement
WE ARE REMAINING OPEN WITH NORMAL HOURS
Regarding concerns with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), for your protection as well as our employees, be assured that our facility is taking every precaution to keep our environment extra sanitized and clean! As a small business that is involved in the “travel” industry per say, we are experiencing unprecedented cancellations that we have never seen in 25 years of business. During this challenging time, we appreciate all your continued support in other areas besides boarding and understanding our concerns. Please note the following as of 3/16/2020:
- Out of the abundance of caution, if you feel ill with Flu/Coronavirus-like Symptoms we ask that you please find another party to drop off/pick up your pet. IF you test POSITIVE for COVID-19 please Cancel your reservation if it is in the next 30 days. If you are sick, and have no other transportation alternative, please call ahead to discuss the situation. We want to take care of all our clients but we need a full and healthy team to do so!
- If you have traveled outside the country or to highly effected areas, please call us for pick up and we will meet you outside to process check out and bring out your pet.
- We have increased our cleaning policies in all areas of the kennel to prevent unknown transmission and hand sanitizer has been made available in our lobbies so feel free to use it.
- There is NO evidence that there has been any transmission from dogs and cats to humans and vice versa, dogs and cats do have their own version of coronavirus that we have known about for decades and cannot be transmitted to people.
- At this time, we have NO cases of coronavirus within our facility, so these measures are precautionary only.
- Effective Immediately, please ONLY send food and medication. Bedding and Toys will NOT be permitted to cut down cross contamination.
- If you were charged a $25 booking fee and need to cancel, we will refund that amount, unless you would like it credited to your next stay.
- Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for any changes to these policies as time goes on. Thank you and best of health to all our staff, clients and their pets.
Aged Pet / Medical Issues Policy: If your pet is 10 years old or older, they could be considered to be an "aged pet". All pets age differently. For instance, a 10 year old chihuahua is considered to be younger than a great dane at the same age, due to their lifespans. If your pet is 10 years old or older it is important to know that boarding can be more stressful on their system the older they get. There can be underlying medical issues that surface, and stress can escalate a small problem. You are acknowledging you have been provided the information on boarding an elderly pet, and understand the risk involved.
Cancellations: For a refund of your $25 booking fee Just cancel with us at least 72 hours in advance of your reservation by emailing us at email@example.com Include your reservation dates and your pet’s first and last names. it’s just that simple! We will confirm with a return email. If you keep your reservation, the $25 booking fee is credited to your boarding fees. We hope everyone can appreciate that without at least 72 hours notice, we not only miss out on the revenue of your booking, we also may have had to turn away another customer who needed boarding, thereby losing that revenue as well. Not to mention our employees having to print documents, make a file for your pet, call for vaccines, etc.
Medical Conditions- For the well being of your pet, we will not board any pets with serious medical conditions, or in extremely failing health. The following conditions will be referred to a Veterinary clinic that does boarding or an in home pet sitter: Diabetes, Uncontrolled Epilepsy, Cancer, Hip Dysplasia (dog has trouble getting up or walking), Kidney Failure, Congested Heart failure, or any failing organ, recent ACL surgery or serious surgery (pet still has stitches) or a surgery requiring the pet be on restricted activity. If you have checked either or both boxes, we ask that you please call the office to complete your reservation, and get permission to board.
Facts and Risk regarding Bordetella (Canine Cough)Virus and Canine Influenza Virus - Bordetella is a canine respiratory virus, similar to a cold/flu in people. There are many strains of Bordetella/Canine Cough, however, just like the Human flu shot, the vaccine does not cover ALL strains. Thus even if your pet is current, they can still "catch" the virus. Unfortunately, Dogs can be particularly susceptible in higher pet populations, with weaker immune systems (puppy or aged pet) or under any kind of stress or changed environment. Bordetella is normally a mild airborne virus, which can be picked up ANYWHERE. Canine Influenza Virus (CIV) is a highly contagious and dangerous airborne flu virus. The onset of symptoms can be similar to kennel cough, (dry hacking cough) however, this virus can cause high fevers, lethargy, congestion, nasal discharge and can turn into pneumonia. A good indicator of a sick pet is they don't want to eat-ANY SIGNS of these issues, call us and/or take your pet to the vet right away.
While All Tails does everything in their power to keep the building as clean, sanitary (UV Filters),and ventilated as possible, there is NO guarantee that your pet is 100% protected from these AIRBORNE viruses. Just like humans get sick, dogs can also. It is our goal to educate you about these airborne bugs, so you know the true facts, symptoms and risks. Please get our informational brochures upon drop off. ** Waiver- I understand and have read the facts and risk on the Bordetella and Canine Influenza virus. I understand that even though my pet is vaccinated he/she can still contract the virus. I will not hold All Tails 'R' Waggin' or their employees responsible in the event that my dog catches Canine cough, Canine Influenza or any other communicable illness. .